Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Visit from Janie

Yesterday my best friend from childhood drove over from Nevada to visit/complete some Continuing Education. It was so nice to see her, if only for a few hours (darn work, C.E. class and sleep got in the way of any more time).
The other wonderful past about her visit was that she brought her youngest daughter Reece (who is 22 months) and Matthew and I got to babysit (or practice being parents... yes we did survive, oh, and so did Reece). She was an angel, we cooked dinner and read books, but what REALLY kept her entertained were Sonny and Krush. She would wonder around the house asking "where's Krush" or "Where's Sonny" until she would find them. At that point she would either squeal uncontrollably with joy or plop down next to them and start petting them. It was too cute. Reece LOVES books and was caring one of them around and kept putting in in front of Sonny figuring that he could read it to her while I finished cooking. Makes sense, right? I mean Sonny is REALLY smart!
At one point in the night Reece started to cry, and poor Sonny didn't know what to do, he was so worried, he paced around for a little, then followed Janie and Reece into the bedroom, where he was just staring at her with a sad/worried look. Poor guy only has a few more months of quiet before he better get used to the crying! :) Thanks for the visit Janie, and all the "new Momma" gifts. I'm excited to use them (yes even the spray)! :) Love you!

2 comments:

Janie said...

I really did have a great time!! Thank you again!! I am still freaking out about the phone. My new one is dead so I can't call but seriously I am still yelling. My husband keeps laughing with excitement because he is catching my vibe! He keeps saying "you owe her BIG TIME". Love you

Anonymous said...

Reece is soooo darling!! and you look great Janie! Miss you both! Kitty Dawn