Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Aloooooooooha

Yes we have all made it back safe and sound. What a wonderful vacation it was (despite the Tsunami scare). I don't know if I'll have the time to write about the whole trip in one sitting, but I'll go through what I can...
We (mom, dad, Ty, Tom, Matthew and I) arrived in Waikiki (Oahu) on Wednesday it was surprisingly windy, but BEAUTIFUL! We stayed in a hotel right next to the water... this was our view. Jeff and Lindsay were going to be meeting us on Sat in Kauai.



I had never been to any of the islands before, so I really didn't know what to expect. I was shocked by how crowded it was! There were WAY too many people for my taste were on Oahu. But it was still beautiful. This was the sunset on the first night. Pretty, huh?


Thursday we all went over to Pearl Harbor. That was an AMAZING experience. It was almost too much/ too emotional to take in. We got to tour 2 different HUGE ships that were part of the battle and visit the Arizona memorial. This location by itself was worth putting up with crowds and the long plane ride. If you have never been, GO!



Friday the family and I hiked up to the top of Diamond Head. This too was beautiful. The day was a little cold and damp, so it made for perfect hiking conditions!


All the while my belly was getting bigger and bigger. Somewhere around this time I
FINALLY started to look like I was (am) pregnant! Even my brothers noticed! :)
Saturday we took a short plane ride to Kauai... I'll talk about that tomorrow, I have to get going my patients are starting to show up!

3 comments:

Janie said...

I love your pictures so far! I can't wait to see Kauai but I guess I will have to be patient until tomorrow.

Olivia saw the picture of your dad and said "hey I like him. He eats leaves. He's silly". I was cracking up. She will never forget when your dad pretended to eat leaves at Laurie's funeral! :) Talk to ya soon.

liz said...

HOORAY!!! Love the pictures!!! Welcome back!! Looks so beautiful!!

lowrain said...

Yes, Pearl Harbor, really affected me also. It became my favorite stop even over all the fun. I am reading a new book called The 7 miracles that saved America and it also talks about PH and it refreshed my memory and reminded me to be oh so grateful for this free land where we still can worship God. You all look so great and it is always fun to see the clan. HB Dale!!!!!
Your top pix reminds me of the island K. Is that where you were?
You all are beautifully browned a bit and we are pasty white here in Fernley, except the girls and Shane
Thanks for sharing
Lowrain