Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 28, 2013

Hack, Hack


For the past 2 1/2 weeks my family has been quarantined in our house as we battled the dreaded flu (or as I like to call it The Plague). It did quite a number on us. The kids started out with just a little cold bug, which after a few days turned into the fever/upper respiratory/cough nastiness. I quickly followed suite but thought it would be fun to add vomiting, diarrhea and a sinus infection into the mix. Poor Matthew was the only healthy one… and he took all of last week off work to run the infirmary. I could hardly leave the bed/bathroom, Mallory bounced back pretty quickly, and poor Wesley kept getting more and more sick and eventually ended up on the correct antibiotic (because he got an ear infection on top of it all) and a nebulizer with Albuteral. We are finally on the mend though… I can eat, I’m slowly getting my sense of smell and taste back and I can walk around without feeling like I’m going to fall over from weakness and best of all nobody is coughing continuously through the night (making it impossible for anyone else to sleep)! Matthew truly was a saint through all of this. I had my doubts at first (I may or may not have said something to the extent of ‘You need to work on your mother skills’… I am going to blame that on the fever). But he really was amazing. Kept us all medicated, hydrated, bathed, breathing, rested, picked up medications/food/tissue… you name it, he did it. Meals, diapers, cleaning. I don’t know how I would have got through it without him. Thank you my love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all are such troopers to have kept smiles on your face through it all. And Matthew, you are the best. You took such great care of your family and all the while proofing to the flu virus that it was no match for a rugby player. So happy you are all feeling better.
Dad

Brianna said...

Oh my goodness. That sounds like the worst thing ever. So sorry you all had to go through that but most of all little Wesley. That just looks uncomfortable (says the woman who freaks out when an oxygen mask is within 24 inches of her face.)

Michelle said...

You poor poor things! I'm so sorry you all had to deal with that, but so glad it didn't hit Matthew & he was able to take care of everyone. What a good daddy/hubby! Glad everyone's better!