Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 23, 2013

Thoughts From a Three Year Old


Mallory has been saying some darn cute things lately… thought I should write them down before I forget them (pregnancy brain and all).

1)      I walked in on her the other day drawing a TON of circles on her paper. I said to her “great job Mallory Rose, look at all those circles!” She turned from her obsessive circle drawing, looked at me with a giant grin on her face and said “Momma, those aren’t circle, those are eggs and I’m going to tell Daddy to put them in your tummy so we can have LOTS of babies!” (Maybe I should stop talking about anatomy with my 3 year old).

2)      The night before lest we were reading a story about a duck that was looking for a safe place to lay her eggs. There was a picture of her flying and Mallory asked “But momma, where are her eggs.” I told her that they were inside her waiting to be laid. To which she put her hand on my tummy and said “Like the tiny baby in your tummy is waiting to be laid?”

3)      There is (still) a ton of construction going on on the highway, including new signs that have been put up but covered with plastic or boards until they are ready to be used. The other morning as we were driving to preschool Mallory started asking me about the signs and seemed to be getting a little worried/work up about them. Then she finally said “Momma, if they don’t let us read the signs, how will we know where to go?”

3 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

And all this from a kid who also thinks it is a good idea to stuff a crayon up her nose.
Dad

Janie said...

The first one is my favorite! She is so cute and hilarious. I would be busting up all the time. She has a serious brain on her and does some deep thinking. Enjoy it. I will be so sad when my kids are old enough that they don't say cute funnies anymore.

Michelle said...

She is so darn cute & smart!