Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 17, 2012

Another First


Yet again another Motherhood first... Mallory had been given a supper cute birthday card with little colored decorative cotton balls on it and she loved playing with it. The other day she came up to me with her head held funny and was  saying 'aaahhhhhhhh, aaahhhhhh, aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh '  and was on the verge of freaking out. Since she it typically very articulate I knew there had to be something wrong since she was using grunts and groans instead of explaining the meaning of life to me in the queens english. Now to only figure out what the problem was. A split second later her finger started to creep inside her right nostril as she continued to 'aaaaaahhhhhhh' at me. I had her lean her head back and I could see just a sliver of bright yellow fluff.

I just about died laughing. Poor girl is almost in full blown panic mode and there her mom is laughing it her (probably not the best thing for her little psyche). I tried closing off her left nostril and having her blow it out... but it was too jammed up in there. So I told her we would have to do surgery (she is WAY into having to do surgery on EVERYTHING) so she was excited about it. She was a trooper, she tilted her head back, held very still and let me gently 'cram' my eyebrow twister up her nostril and grab that little yellow fluff ball. (I figured if that didn't work the next stop was my hospital and I could use the long, skinny alligator forceps that I use to get foxtails out of dogs ears).

2 comments:

Brianna said...

Oh Mallory, Mallory, Mallory. You are so crazy and funny and loveable :)

Janie said...

One of the Boehm kids stuffed tons and tons of foam up their nose from a car seat that they had picked off. It was so packed all the way up their sinuses that they had to have surgery. Kids are so funny and creative ;)