Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21, 2014

Arrrrrgggggg

This past weekend we had a wonderfully fun filled pirate party for Mallory's (and Matthew's) birthdays! It was great. All the kids had a great time which was the point, and the adults all seemed to too... which was an added bonus! There were about 50 people total, so it was a BIG turnout!!!! I loved planning the games and decorations! I set up different stations throughout the back yard and all the kids got a map, eye patch and telescope when they walked in. The back yard had a jump house (borrowed from mom and dad), a cannon ball toss (black water balloons), a tattoo/face painting parlor (thanks Jeralyn and Nate), a buried treasure dig (with load of necklaces, bracelets and gold coins), a walk the plank area and a captain hook ring toss. The kids just wondered around and played on their own! Literally no intervening was needed by parents! It was great, and easy and really laid back! I loved that some guests really got into the dress-up side of it...which is my favorite part! Mallory got way too many gifts... but all really amazing, useful gift (so thank you all).
 

 
 
 
 
I was excited to see how nicely our home and yard held all those people. I never felt cramped! I am really loving this home... and even though we aren't all unpacked yet it is really feeling like ours. I'll have to do a posting about our house one of these days along with an update on Mr. Darren Man... who just might be the worlds most sweet, loving, happy, compliant little baby! I love him!!!!





1 comment:

dalendawn727 said...

That was such a fun party and you and Matt did a FANTASTIC job!!
Dad