Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Our Colorado Vacation


It’s been go, go, go since we got back from Colorado. At the moment  the kids are napping and I’m not working, so I thought I’d try and get a few pictures up.
 
Like I said, Colorado was WONDERFUL! Each time I look at all the pictures I can’t help but smile. We really had a blast! I hadn’t been back to visit my Dads side of the family in 12 years!!!!!! So needless to say the ‘boys’ (my cousins) are now men, with beautiful wives and stunning children! We stayed the nights with Derek and his family, and got to spend our days with Aunt Dottie and Uncle Blob (Bob). We were welcomed with open arms by everyone. Not once did it seem like anyone thought that having 4 extra people invade their homes and their lives was a nuisance (even when the kids were cranky and getting on MY nerves).  There was almost always a beautiful new face to meet… each of the 4 West boys have 2-4 kids (and we met all but one)! The hospitality from my aunt and uncle was (almost) too much… activities, love, food, treats, gifts, swimming, nights out… it was so sweet, so personal that just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. It’s depressing that we live so far away from each other.
 
The first couple of days were devoted primarily to getting over to see Matthews’s rugby team play in the national rugby playoffs. They placed 3rd!!!!!! Truly amazing that our ‘little’ team from Santa Rosa is so very talented! During the second game, Matthew obtained his first real injury in his 10 years of playing rugby… he was landed on by a very large opponent and he separated his left AC joint in his shoulder. Now it's raised at a funny angle. He goes to talk with a surgeon tomorrow to see if there is any ‘fixing’ it.
 
After all the rugby, we truly started our family vacation which included Red Rock ampatheater, a train ride (which Mallory hated for some reason),  the zoo, multiple trips to THE most amazing community center ever (pools, playland, ice rinks, workout gym, running and basketball  courts included) and a chance to watch my second cousins in their swim meet. Let me just say these girls must be part fish because NO ONE was able to keep up with them and they won it all!
  
 
 
This trip was truly wonderful. I can’t wait to get out there again (and I am hoping that my aunt and uncle, and ALL of my cousins will come out and visit us soon)! Thank you for an amazing time. I love you all.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved having you and your beautiful family! Our doors are always open. Can't tell you how much fun it was to have you here. Hope Matthew is ok :( The two of you are doing a really wonderful job as parents. Your kiddos are a true delight. I only wish I could see them more often.

Hugs to all, Aunt Dottie

Kevin said...

Yeah, that all looks really nice. I wish I lived out there.

Jessica said...

Kevin, We were hoping to see you and your family and your dad. Sad it never worked out! Darn, we'll just have to make another trip out there ;)

Janie said...

These pictures made me smile too! What a great trip. That community center sounds crazy, amazing! I wish we had something like that here. You and your family all look amazing and Matthew looks extra tough with his new shoulder. YUCK! It seriously made me queazy just looking at it.

Good luck at the surgeon. Please let us know how it turns out.

P.S. We are coming there in August. I know that's not super soon but at least I know I will see you sometime in the nearish future.

Unknown said...

With all the happy faces I've seen in your photos, there's no doubt that your whole family had lots of fun on your vacation. It's great to see the different side of Colorado because it's always been popular with its skiing adventure. It only means there are lots more to try. Robert @ CondosInsteamBoat.com