Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

Sleep, Sweet Sleep


Man, I have never realized how important sleep is... until I haven't had any!!!! Prior to last week our little 'angle' was sleeping 3-5 hours a night (because she loved us)... then a flip was switched and for 3 nights in a row the longest she would sleep was 2 hours (if I was lucky)... but really she was sleeping anywhere from 20 minutes to one hour... and taking 40-ish minutes to feed (because she no longer loved us)! So needless to say the nights were getting really, really, REALLY, long and Matthew found me crying on the couch while feeding her at 3 am one morning. She would just keep waking up with very dirty diapers and acting as if she was starving! Poor girl. Each night I would try a little different experiment to see if she would sleep any longer... 2 nights ago I thought, hey maybe I should try feeding her pre-pumped breast milk from a bottle (since I really didn't know how much she was eating I thought that this would be a good way to find out... plus it is was faster then feeding directly on the breast (oh, she is doing a great job eating now and only uses the nipple shield about 1/2 the time)... So for the past 2 nights when she wakes up I have been bottle feeding her and she is sleeping 3 1/2 hours straight each time (once again she loves her parents)!!!!! So for the past 2 nights I have getten to sleep about 7 hours! WOW! It is amazing!!!! Pretty sure that if someone would have given me the option between money or sleep I would have taken the sleep and passed on the money... I was supper sleepy! Now I am a whole new wide awake woman! WooHoo!

No comments: